Thanks for using Travelzond.
. By giving us information about another person you are confirming that they have given you consent to provide the information to us and that they understand how their details will be used.
Who are we?
We all take your privacy very seriously.
How do we collect information?
We may obtain information from you through the websites, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of any of travelzond.com.
Travelzond (website application) is the data controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when using the Services. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Customer Services Team at email address.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services via any of the Sites. This might be, for example, to obtain comparative quotes when searching for travel deals. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your transactions.
We may monitor or record your calls, emails, sms or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our customer services help line), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- to communicate with you, including some or all of the following: physical mail, email, phone calls or sms, social networks.
- sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you - this may include new product launches, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research;
- sending you a confirmation email of your booking - when you obtain a quote with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your quote by email or SMS so that you have a record of it and can easily retrieve your quote in the future. This is a standard part of our Services and by using the Services you agree to receive these communications;
- to process a transaction between you and a third party;
- to search the websites of our partners in order to obtain the best quotes available to you;
- to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider relating to the product(s) you have purchased. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- to enable you to use our smart search services;
- to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any «Email a friend» or «Share this» functionality on our Sites.
Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, sms, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
Protects your privacy
Who do we share your information with?
When you use any of our Services, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
b) our channel operators: whilst the majority of the channels on our Sites are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our third party service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed with your consent.
c) other service providers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality
d) the Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring.
e) trusted third parties but only where you have opted in to allow us to do so and where we believe their products, services or other offers may interest you.
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
a) if required or permitted to do so by law;
b) if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
c) if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
d) in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
What Local Storage do we use?
Local Storage is a very small text file placed on your computer. Local Storage help us to:
1) understand browsing habits on the Sites;
2) understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
3) remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved seaches.
Local storage is deleted as soon as you close your browser - these are known as session local storage. Others, known as persistent local storage, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. The local storage used to keep you signed in to your account expires after 90 days. Every time you visit travelzond.com, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using local storage.
You can choose to block or delete local storage through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our local storage, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our Sites on your system.
How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe?
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the Sites. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Sites where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your information on our Sites. A strong password should include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
We (and certain of our third party providers) may sometimes need to process your personal information outside the European Economic Area. If this is necessary, we will make sure that that your information remains secure and that it is always processed in accordance with data protecti.
How can you amend your preferences?
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time. You may also amend your marketing preferences by emailing us at [email protected]
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting our Customer Services team by sending an email to [email protected]
You may also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes. Such a request may result in us ceasing to offer the Services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
Your rights and responsibilities
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a 10 pound fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
Congratulations! You’ve reached the end.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Travelzond’s policies.